What If My Workers Compensation Is Denied Benefits?

Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Attorneys

If you’ve been injured at work and your workers’ compensation claim has been denied, don’t give up. You have options to get the benefits you deserve. At Patterson Dahlberg, Injury Lawyers, we understand the frustration and stress that come with a denied claim. That’s why we have experienced workers compensation attorneys, Thomas Patterson, Mick Garvey, and Michael Patterson to help you navigate the appeals process and fight for your rights.

denied workers compensation

Filing An Appeal of Workers’ Compensation Denial

If you have been injured on the job, your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance is supposed to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and other benefits while you recover. However, if your claim for benefits is denied by the insurance company, it can be devastating for you and your family.

Fortunately, Minnesota law provides a way for you to appeal a denial of benefits. The first step is to complete an Employee’s Claim Petition, which is a document that allows you to explain the events that led up to the injury and the medical treatment you received and benefits you need. You can include your doctor’s report with this document to support your claim, and your workers’ compensation attorney can help ensure that you have all the right documents for an appeal.

If your appeal is still denied, you should not give up. The case may have to be heard before the Office of Administrative Hearings. This is a more formal hearing overseen by a workers’ compensation judge. This appointed judge conducts a hearing more like a civil trial with testimony and evidence being presented. Only the judge hears and decides upon the case without a jury.

Contact Patterson Dahlberg, Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Attorneys

Our offices in Rochester, Minnesota and Lakeville, Minnesota are ready to assist you with your case. We’ll work tirelessly to make sure you get the medical care and compensation you’re entitled to under the law. Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case and learn how we can help you.