During Rochester’s cold winters, icy roads and sidewalks are commonplace. However, businesses bear a strong responsibility to keep their sidewalks free of hazards to visitors–including ice that could lead to a slip and fall. If you suffered a slip and fall on an icy Rochester sidewalk, you may deserve compensation for any injuries you suffered.
Icy Sidewalk Injuries in Rochester, Minnesota
Every year, Rochester sees a string of icy sidewalk injuries. Icy sidewalks can quickly lead to a hard fall, since the slick surface makes it hard for shoes to grip and may make it harder for people to avoid a serious accident. Common icy sidewalk injuries may include:
- Broken bones, often in the hands and arms
- Broken hips in the elderly
- Head injuries
- Serious lacerations or contusions
- Back and neck injuries
Dealing with the aftermath of those injuries can prove costly. You may find yourself with high medical bills, missed time at work, and a long road to recovery. Fortunately, a Rochester icy sidewalk personal injury lawyer can help you pursue compensation for those injuries.
Liability for Icy Sidewalks in Rochester, Minnesota
In order to establish liability for an icy sidewalk accident, you may need to work with a lawyer to collect several key pieces of evidence. You may need to show that:
- The property owner knew about the icy conditions
- The property owner had reason to expect visitors to the property (for example, in the case of a business, the business chose to remain open in snowy or icy conditions)
- The property owner had adequate time to clear the snow and ice. For example, during a snowstorm or ongoing snowfall, the property owner might not have adequate time to deal with the sidewalk.
- The property owner recognized that the presence of snow and ice could lead to injuries, but did nothing to prevent it.
Talk to a lawyer to learn more about whether the property owner likely bears liability for your icy sidewalk accident injuries.
How Much Compensation Can You Recover for a Rochester Icy Sidewalk Accident?
Following an icy sidewalk accident, compensation may prove more important than most people think. You have high medical bills to contend with, lost time at work, and a host of challenges to overcome. At Patterson Dahlberg Injury Lawyers, we cannot guarantee the compensation you will recover after your icy sidewalk accident. However, most icy sidewalk accident claims include compensation for these critical elements.
- The cost of treatment for your injuries, including everything from emergency medical care to ongoing treatment, including physical therapy, for serious injuries.
- The value of any income you lost because of your accident.
- Pain and suffering from your injuries, including emotional distress related to the accident.
Patterson Dahlberg Injury Lawyers Can Help After Your Icy Sidewalk Accident in Rochester, MN
Dealing with the aftermath of serious injuries from an icy sidewalk accident can leave you scrambling. Patterson Dahlberg Injury Lawyers can help. We can:
- Investigate the owner of the property and the cause of your accident.
- Build a compelling claim that establishes the property owner’s liability for the incident and your injuries.
- Support you as you negotiate with the liable party’s insurance company.
- Offer a deeper look into the compensation you deserve for your injuries, which can help you negotiate from a position of power.
If you try to handle your claim on your own, you may find yourself struggling to recover the full compensation you deserve. With an attorney on your side, on the other hand, you can feel much more confident about your results.
Contact a Rochester, MN Icy Sidewalk Accident Attorney Today
Do you need a personal injury lawyer after an icy sidewalk accident in Rochester? Contact Patterson Dahlberg Injury Lawyers today to learn more about your right to compensation.