Burn injuries are a serious and life-altering consequence of motor vehicle accidents. They are one of the most painful and debilitating types of injuries that a person can experience and can have long-lasting physical and emotional effects. If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury in a motor vehicle accident, it is important to understand the causes, types of injuries, and who may be liable for your injuries.
Causes of burn injuries in motor vehicle accidents:
There are several different ways that a person can suffer a burn injury in a motor vehicle accident, including:
- Explosion: One of the most common causes of burn injuries in motor vehicle accidents is an explosion. This can occur if the fuel tank ruptures or if there is a gas leak after an accident.
- Friction: Friction between two metal surfaces can cause a spark and a fire, which can result in a burn injury.
- Electrical shock: If a person is exposed to live electrical wires or high-voltage equipment after a motor vehicle accident, they may suffer an electrical shock that can cause a burn injury.
Types of burn injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents:
There are several different types of burn injuries that a person can suffer in a motor vehicle accident, including:
- Thermal Burns: Thermal burns are the most common type of burn injury and are caused by exposure to heat or fire.
- Chemical Burns: Chemical burns are caused by exposure to chemicals, such as gasoline or battery acid, and can be extremely painful and damaging.
- Electrical Burns: Electrical burns are caused by exposure to live electrical wires or high-voltage equipment and can result in serious injury and long-lasting effects.
Liability for burn injuries in motor vehicle accidents:
The liability for burn injuries in motor vehicle accidents can be complex and may involve multiple parties. In some cases, the driver of the other vehicle may be liable, while in other cases, the manufacturer of the vehicle or a component part may be liable.
When to contact a burn injury lawyer in a motor vehicle accident:
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury in a motor vehicle accident, it is important to seek the help of an experienced burn injury lawyer as soon as possible. A burn injury lawyer can help you understand your rights and will work tirelessly to help you secure the compensation that you deserve.
At Patterson Dahlberg Injury Lawyers, our experienced burn injury lawyers have a deep understanding of the complex legal landscape of burn injury cases and will work tirelessly to help you get the compensation that you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you.